Professor Iain Hutchison will talk about Saving Faces Art Project which he established in the 1990s to illustrate advances in facial reconstructive surgery. This lecture will compare modern surgical techniques with Harold Gillies’ pioneering work on First World War soldiers in the 1900s. Hear how artist Mark Gilbert painted patients throughout their treatment and the impact this had on them and hospital staff.
- All tickets should be purchased in advance
- To book tickets call the Bexley Heritage Trust booking line on 01322 621238 (lines are open every day from 10am – 4.30pm)
- Bexley Heritage Trust does not offer refunds on ticket sales
- If you need special assistance please let us know when booking
- Children must be accompanied at all times
Cost: £12 per person
Venue: Hall Place & Gardens, Bexley Kent